Group chasing strategies
One of our research projects connecting collective biological systems and drones is group chasing. Intelligent social predators ofter hunt their prey in groups, which increases their hunting success.
We investigate natural group chasing strategies with agent-based statistical physical modeling and try to apply collective chasing and escaping rules on our drone fleet.
Publications and Media coverage
- Group chasing tactics: how to catch a faster prey (New Journal of Physics, 2017 May)
- Physics modelling explains how hunters team up to catch faster prey (ioppublising.org, 2017 May)
- Modelling explains how hunters team up to catch faster prey (techxplore.com, 2017 May)
- Understanding how slow predators catch faster prey could improve drone tactics (phys.org, 2017 May)
- Understanding Predators Tactic To Catch Prey Will Improve Drones Maneuver To Neutralize Urban Terrorist Attack (The Science Times, 2017 May)
- Az Oroszlán kisodródik a kanyarban (Élet és Tudomány, 2017)